In 1998 I attended the Willow Creek Church Conference where I heard the senior Pastor Bill Hybels echo this statement, “There’s nothing like the local church, when the local church is working right.” The local church can and should be functioning right with God’s Spirit to help fulfill Jesus mission. With the right Structure, Systems and Staff the church can experience a winning season. Before the church can win, it must develop a winning attitude. Here are six core principles that will help your church stay in the winning column. The Church with a Winning Attitude……..
1. Stays Excited About the Vision
Where there is no vision, the people perish……..(KJV)
2. Protects the Unity of the Church
All the believers were together and had everything in common.
3. Loves to Serve
just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
4. Reaches and Develops the Lost at Any Cost
Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace. It was strengthened; and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it grew in numbers, living in the fear of the Lord
5. Has Crazy Faith
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
6. Speaks Life and not Death
Ezekiel 37:4 (New Living Translation)
Then he said to me, “Speak a prophetic message to these bones and say, ‘Dry bones, listen to the word of the LORD!
7. Never Gives Up
Galatians 6:9 (New International Version)
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
What is a Charismatic Leader?
Charismatic Leaders are visionaries. They want to transform, not merely maintain. They revive failing companies, develop new products, and revolutionize process. They create a sense of urgency. These people see opportunity everywhere and believe that “sacred cows make the best hamburger”. They Challenge the Status Quo and introduce new paradigms of ministry. They cast a compelling vision and build winning organizations. Here are some characteristics of Charismatic Leaders:
- They are change agents and transcend the status quo.
- They are visionaries and magnetic personalities with lot of energy and enthusiasm.
- They project an exciting and colorful picture to their followers.
- They are great communicators and good at emotional intelligence.
- They love to live on the edge and are risk takers.
- They don’t bother with the fear of failure or death.
- They are highly emotional but balance themselves.
- They are good at storytelling and believe in the concept of management by anecdotes.
- They start their speeches with anecdotes that connect with their audience quickly and effectively.
- They follow their hearts.
- They develop visions for others and are highly confident and optimistic.
- They network with people and build bridges.
- They are honest and help others.
- They are servant-leaders.
- Finally, they never give up.
According to Wikipedia, Habits are routines of behavior that are repeated regularly and tend to occur subconsciously. Habitual behavior often goes unnoticed in people who are exhibiting it because a person does not need to engage in self-analysis when undertaking routine tasks. Yes, it is true that we are creatures of habit; we love sameness because it doesn’t take much mental effort. But getting stuck in unhealthy ways can limit our potential and hinder our effectiveness. Below is a listed of the 7 Habits of Highly Defective People…
- They have a losing attitude
- They quit growing spiritually & personally
- They have no game plan for Life
- They are unwilling to change
- They are constantly making up excuses and not adjustments.
- They fail in relationships with others -(They Lack EI) Emotional Intelligence-Daniel Goldman
- They are not willing to pay the price for success
If you are serious about changing your life, getting unstuck, and living above mediocrity, then I would recommend that you apply the principles below.
- Write Down A Life Vision Plan
- Plan Your Work (If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!)
- Take Baby Steps Towards Your Life Vision Plan (Inch by inch!)
- Faith It til You Make! (Faith Moves Mountain!)
- Recruit Some Cheerleaders To Keep You Encouraged
“People are better able to make changes in their lives-lose weight, quit smoking, become happy-when they do this with a large number of other people.”- Nicholas Christakis, a professor of medical sociology at Harvard University
Before you know it, your life will change forever and you will become a catalyst for change; helping free others from a lifestyle mediocrity to a lifestyle of destiny.